You’re having dinner at a restaurant with friends. You skipped lunch so your stomach is growling like a caged beast as you examine the menu. You go to town on the bread basket and devour your starter as soon as it arrives. Now the waiter puts your main course in front of you. It’s a sizeable portion and you’ve eaten almost enough already.
What goes through your mind?
- Nothing. You pick up your knife and fork and eat until you’re finished.
- “I’ll have to eat it. If I don’t, what will people think?”
- “Diet starts again tomorrow so bring it on!”
- “I’m paying for it, so I might as well eat it, otherwise it’s a waste.”
- “But it looks so good! Also, I’ve had a tough day so I deserve it.”
Which answer leads to you feeling satisfied and thoroughly enjoying your evening?